Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the script upgrade tool?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by masterton, Oct 28, 2014.

1. masterton

masterton

I read on the blog posts that Unity will upgrade assemblies to replace .rigidbody with a call to GetComponent<RigidBody>.

Thats great, but what about a tool to upgrade existing c# scripts? According to the blog posts such a tool exists but I can't find it anywhere. Are you using this tool or doing a find/replace on your C# scripts?

2. Genjin

Genjin

It's been a while I used it but I think it appears in the Console as a Log Entry (with Warning Symbol), probably the very first or the last entry in the list. You need to double-click that entry, I believe the text mentions that too.

3. orb

orb

It's in Tools/ScriptUpdater/ in my installation.

masterton likes this.
  4. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

It runs when you import an old project automatically, and asks you for permission to update through a modal dialog. Don't run it manually unless you know exactly what you are doing.

5. masterton

masterton

@RalphH, it did not run automatically. The project upgrade to Unity 5 threw some compile warnings in a plugin. I realize now that its waiting for me to fix those errors before running the tool. Thanks!