Search Unity

Where is the documentation?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by hansadler, Jun 21, 2015.

1. hansadler

hansadler

I just started looking into Unity Analytics. I can't seem to find the documentation that shows how to fire a custom event in code. Can someone give me a URL? Thanks.

2. elie-noune

elie-noune

Hi @hansg,

You will find the documentation for integrating events after you create a new project and visit the integration section on the side bar. In order to get to the Custom Events part, you will need to complete the basic integration which takes a few minutes.

If you're just curious about the syntax for events, you can check the public documentation here.

3. hansadler

hansadler

Hello Elie,

Ok, thanks. The problem now is that I can't get past the integration stage. I followed the instructions and no events appear in the Test & Validate page. It's been over 18 hours since I first ran my app with the Cloud Project ID in it.
    I just tried deleting the project (from the website), created a new one and still can't get past the Test & Validate page. What do you think I should do to proceed?

I'm using Unity 5.1.1f1 Pro. With 5.1, I don't have to install the Unity Analytics SDK, correct? The odd thing is that Monodevelop cannot resolved the UnityAnalytics.CustomEvent funciton.

I tried reinstalling the 5.1.1f1 update, but still no luck.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Hans

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  4. elie-noune

elie-noune

5. hansadler

hansadler

Hi Elie,
    I found the issue. On another thread someone mentioned that if the "Disable HW statistics" box is checked, then the project will not integrate.

Thank you