Search Unity

Where is the collections package in Unity 2020?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Unrighteouss, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

EDIT: You can install collections via its git URL. Info on how to do that here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.2d.animation@5.0/manual/index.html

Do not install burst first. Installing collections will install the correct version of burst as a dependency.

---

Hello, I've been wanting to try 2D bone animation in Unity 2020, but I can't find the collections package and it's nearly impossible to not have bad performance without it, when using 2D bones.

I have preview packages turned on, and I can easily find it in Unity 2019 (the latest version gives an error, but 0.8 works), but it's nowhere to be found in 2020. Jobs says that it's using collections, but my FPS is terrible after installing burst and jobs.

This is strange to me as Unity was advertising the improved FPS in their 2020 trailer.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you. Missing_Collections_1.jpg Missing_Collections_2.JPG

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Just figured it out. Was about to delete this post, but if anyone else is wondering, collections is indeed part of jobs now. I thought I had tested downloading jobs a while back, but either I didn't, or they've changed it.

Downloading the latest version of jobs bricks your project with an error (because it's using the latest version of collections which bricks your project), so you have to download jobs 0.2.9, which is using collections 0.8.0. If you do that, then it works like in 2019 with around 10x the FPS.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  3. Valjuin

Valjuin

4. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Ah, thanks. That makes absolutely no sense considering they were advertising the collections package in their 2020 showcase, but at least I know why it doesn't show up now. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

5. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Update for anyone wondering, this post is outdated; the latest version of jobs/collections is working now, so you can just download the latest version of jobs from the package manager without worrying about anything (you still have to enable preview packages).