Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the analytics tracker component and other stuff the analytics manual is talking about

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Kescay, Jan 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kescay

Kescay

Okay, so I want to use the unity dashboard analytics. The dashboard funnel page tells me to go to this manual page for instructions.

It tells me I should use "Analytics Event Trackers" that I can just "setup directly from the inspector window", but..

1) I can't find any analytics event tracker components from the inspector window. Is it deprecated? It seems I get it if I install the "Analytics" package, but then..

2) Why is the analytics tracker component blank? Should I be using this Analytics package? Is the "verified" version 3.3.5 enough? The manual doesn't talk this package at all. Okay so maybe I use scripts and "Standard Events using the AnalyticsEvent" described in the manual instead, but then...

3) Why is there no AnalyticsEvent class in the unity documentation past 2018? The "AnalyticsEvent" link in the manual gives 404. Did they just forget to update it for the past three years? Is it deprecated? What's going on? Well, I found the fresh Analytics class documentation, but..

4) The more recent Analytics class doc doesn't have any of the stuff the manual is talking about. Where are the standard events and tracking components? Is this doc incomplete? It has just "custom event" and "send event" functions. So do I use the sendEvent? It says "do not use in user code". What?

So is there just a "customEvent" function and everything else is gone in the wind and nobody bothered update the documentations?

This has been a fun day.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.