Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Where is ShortestPathToRoot and referenced by stack view in Memory Profiler?

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by Kichang-Kim, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. I found that new Memory Profiler packages does not have ShortestPathToRoot and stack view of Referenced By, compared to old Memory Profiler library in Bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/memoryprofiler).

Current Memory Profiler provides only "Ref Count" column to tracking reference relationship. If the objects has cycling refernce, it is very hard to track (especially, if it has same name!).

The old version of Memory Profiler provides nice feature, like ShortestPathToRoot and stack view of Referenced By (see attahed screenshot). So it is easy to find root object or track references.

Is there any features like this for new Mmemory Profilder package? If not, please add this features.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello and thank you for your feedback. :)
    Yes we are aware that this feature is missing. We're working on improving the reference tracking and getting you a performant and user friendly way to path(s) to root and better analysis of references. Also, please not the previous post on this topic: https://forum.unity.com/threads/path-s-to-root.674191/

3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I can't figure out why searching by "reference" keyword doesn't show previous post. Anyway, thanks for investigation.I'll wait for that features :)