Search Unity

Where is Mouse Look

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by junctionboss, May 25, 2019.

1. junctionboss

junctionboss

Using latest 2019.1.4f1, but I can't find mouse look , and I need it given camera rotates fine horizontally but it won't look up/down. Where can I find the script, or get result I need ?

thx

2. You can try the Standard Assets from the Asset Store, but no guarantee that it is compatible. You can write your own or copy one from some tutorial. Or you can use Cinemachine.

3. junctionboss

junctionboss

Ya , already had standard assets, nothing, they must have removed mouse orbit scripts which as I recall usually fixes these things, and I'm not quite there yet, to write my own. I'd have fixed it , if I were ;)

I have a script that looks like it has what I need, but I"m not sure where I add it. I had no idea Cinemachine had that ability, I thought it was for doing scene orbits etc. I"ll look at that. https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/cinemachine, ty ;0-

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  4. junctionboss

junctionboss

ahm, so :
    RECOMMENDED UNITY VERSIONS

Does that mean my using latest 2019.1.4f1 may be problematic relying on cinematic until its updated to 2019 ?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cinemachine works with 2019. Just make sure the package is up to date. :)

6. junctionboss

junctionboss

TY so much aps- cheers !

7. junctionboss

junctionboss

Spoke too soon thx still apply ;)=, so as per cinemachine UNITY tut shows 'player' highlighted when CM created, but I"m using ethan which is a Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPersonCharacter/Prefabs/ThirdPersonController.prefab, not named player, yet named player on 'tag' is that enough ? I suspect for unity TUT they just started with an empty ? NO experience with CM and while it seems quite straight fwd I'm not eager to go through this and have mistakes I could have prevented ;) Do we actually know, CM was intended to be used for camera's on 3rd PC's , purely and simply and not just watch on a 'timeline' .

EDIT: Ok on further inspections its clear 'part 1' is only for bodies in motion , to grab the view when target is in a given 'zone', that doesn't seem to work for basic 3rd persson movement, as they are choosing a characters upper body control item, where a non path oriented char. as mine doesn't use, right ?

So, does anyone know what 'part' is for typical 3rd person character cameras/rigs ?

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  8. junctionboss

junctionboss

MOved to CM topic.