Search Unity

Question Where is localization package doing its internal StringTableCollection loading?

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Sebight, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Sebight

Sebight

Hi, I want to find where this is being done (and if it's theoretically possible to somehow modify this proccess) as I'm still having trouble with downloading localization remotely.

Thanks

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Its done inside of LoadTableOperation. You cant modify this unless you just change the code in the package. You can move the package out of the package cache folder and into the Packages folder of your project, it can then be modified.
    I would not recommend modifying this though, any issues you are having are likely to be with Addressables, not this operation.
    1.4.2 should be out next week, it has features for providing table patchers and providers.

3. Sebight

Sebight

Thank you.

Yeah I know, but I'm really desperate at this point, since I've done everything as it should be but it does not work...

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

5. Sebight

Sebight

That might actually be the root of the problem, but that makes me even more angry, since I've done everything that should be done to have ContentUpdate working... :D Simple texture changing it not working, so I at least know where to look!

karl_jones likes this.
  6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Try using the Addressables Editor hosting to test. I have used this and its worked fine for me. If that works but your server does not then you are 1 step closer to figuring it out.