Search Unity

Question Where is Application Type (XAML vs D3D) saved? XAML built locally, but not in jenkins.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by yamoinca, Oct 12, 2022.

1. yamoinca

yamoinca

I recently changed our project from D3D to XAML due to adding an XAML plugin.
    When I build locally it builds and runs fine.

But I noticed that changing the Build Type from D3D to XAML (or vice versa) does not show any change in our version controlled files (eg ProjectSettings.asset).

Hence when I try to have jenkins build the project, it builds it as D3D not XAML.

What am I missing?! How can I get it to build as XAML not D3D?

The documentation doesn't seem to describe how/where this is saved/specified.

Unity Version: 2020.3.24f1

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. yamoinca

yamoinca

Thank you. I eventually found that by doing a larger manual search of files with Beyond Compare changed when changing the setting.

I agree this is a very strange place for a required build setting.
    I did add the change to our build script and it worked, thank you.

Code (CSharp):
    2. if (buildTarget == BuildTarget.WSAPlayer)
    3. {
    4.     EditorUserBuildSettings.wsaUWPBuildType = WSAUWPBuildType.XAML;
    5. }
    It is also bad/strange that while a search for XAML does show the build type enumeration I don't see it highlighting that this is a local user setting vs a global project setting. Seems important enough that it should be.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/30_search.html?q=xaml

I only found it since I found the file modified, so instead I searched for EditorUserBuildSettings for https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/EditorUserBuildSettings.html, then scrolling through that saw the entry that you refer to:
    "
    wsaUWPBuildType The build type for the Universal Windows Platform.
    "

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022