Search Unity

Where I place Build In Shaders?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by KannanKrish, Nov 8, 2015.

1. KannanKrish

KannanKrish

I recently downloaded the Unity, built in shaders and other stuff's (like example project, standard assets). I am using all except built in shaders. I don't know where I place this shaders in my unity folder. Please anyone guide me to where I put these shaders.

2. vx4

vx4

Build In Shaders is already built in the engine. So you don't have it to put anywhere.:mad:

leftshoe18 and Meltdown like this.
  3. KannanKrish

KannanKrish

Don't Angry I am starter. I am downloaded builtin shaders builtin_shaders-5.2.1f1.zip. It will be builtin then why they give it in separetly. In downloaded have 4 folders CGIncludes,DefaultResources,DefaultResourcesExtra,Editor. In C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data folder don't have the folders DefaultResources,DefaultResourcesExtra,Editor. Check this guy and then give me an answer. I am just starter, I am not doing any game right now. Just I am doing Unity Installation. I want learn more in detaily.

4. Murgilod

Murgilod

The shaders are already installed. The download is optional in case you need to modify them or use them for reference.

angrypenguin and theANMATOR2b like this.
  5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

It's for people who want to use them as a starting point for making their own shaders. If you're not doing that then you don't have to worry about them.

6. KannanKrish

KannanKrish

Thank you guys.

angrypenguin likes this.
  7. muhammadimyusoff

muhammadimyusoff

This Forum does not helping at all, I thought you guys kinda helping but giving no clue.

YES I KNOW IT'S AN OPTIONAL DOWNLOAD!

but in case that we wanted to replace it, where can we [Newbie] find the folder, in case?

Google-ing for question like this and found bully. What a community...

8. Well, don't be a jerk please, if you don't like how people give help on the forum, you can learn it for yourself. Use the google there are countless materials, tutorials on every subject you will ask us. Sometimes we just use the google instead of you. You can do the same.

You don't need special folder for shaders you can store them in any folder in the project (except for the special ones).

9. vx4

vx4

You copy Shader files directly into assets folder then modified it.Unity automatically will knew there duplication the in shader name and will use the include one in your assets folder.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018