Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where does unity save screen resolution and window size settings?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fabiopicchi, Apr 25, 2019.

1. fabiopicchi

fabiopicchi

I know that in windows these settings are saved in the registry but I can't seem to find these files in macOS. Every time I make a new build, I delete the file created for my game under ~/LibraryPreferences but it doesn't make any difference: the game always start with previously defined settings. This is driving me insane!

I just want to run my game in windowed mode by default and, in case full screen is toggled, I want the game to be displayed in native resolution (it is a 2D pixel art game, so I can just scale the rendered game texture and display some borders around it).

However, apart from ignoring my Player Settings, unity runs the game in full screen in another resolution that is not the native one resulting in my screen having black stripes on the sides (I wanted to have control over what is displayed on these areas).

I am sorry for the rant. It is late, I am tired and I have tried absolutely everything that I could find in the internet.

2. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

Did you ever find out how to solve this? I would be interested in your solution for windows, if you have one :)

Snubber likes this.