Search Unity

Where does Asset Store EULA specifically allow sharing with others who have licenses?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FBones, Nov 12, 2018.

1. FBones

FBones

Common sense indicates that if 2 people are working on a project and **both** have seat licenses for an asset, then there is no problem with user A importing the asset into the project and then sharing the project through version control to user B, distributing the asset (which user A may have modified) via Collaborate or Git, etc.

And in this thread, @ryanc-unity certainly seems to indicate that this is so.

My problem is that I do not see anywhere in the asset-store EULA where it specifically allows for this particular type of distribution (i.e., distribution to someone else who also owns a license). Section 2.2.1 includes the statements:

Except for game services software development kits (“Services SDKs”), END-USERS may modify Assets. END-USER may otherwise not reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, distribute, sublicense, rent, lease or lend the Assets.

Can someone point me to the portion of the EULA that specifically allows distributing/transmitting the assets via version control in the specific case that multiple people are working on the same project and all engineers have a seat license to the asset in question?

Thanks!