Search Unity

Where do you share your epiphanies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GibTreaty, Oct 27, 2013.

?

Where do you share your epiphanies?

1. Social Networking

25.0%
  2. Blogs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Real Life

25.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't share :'(

62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Sometimes I have fun little moments or bursts of excitement when I learn something new or come up with an idea that drastically change my project for the good. I then proceed to spout that excitement all over my facebook project page for anyone to read. No idea if anyone will read it but it feels good to share what, I feel, are good ideas.

So where do you share your project epiphanies in game development? Twitter? Facebook? Blog? Family/Friends? Starbucks?

2. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I tattoo it to my body, for the glory shall live forever and ever. Amen!

3. MarigoldFleur

MarigoldFleur

Unless somebody's really good at hiding in the shower while I'm there too, I don't.

4. voltage

voltage

Whenever I have an epiphany, I start developing a new project for it. Now I have 20 unfinished projects. :S

5. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Did you ever get close to what you had imagined?

6. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Just realized I can have two separate scripts/components with the same name (not in the same folder). They just have to be in different namespaces. Both can be added to the same GameObject and it still knows which component is which. I have the urge to change all my Asset Store products to use my own special namespace (probably won't since that would be very time consuming). I know namespaces are well known by many but I haven't had a chance to learn to use them till now.

Chicken.cs
    Code (csharp):
    1. public class Chicken : MonoBehaviour {
    3. }
    OtherFolder/Chicken.cs
    Code (csharp):
    1. namespace MyChicken {
    2.     public class Chicken : MonoBehaviour {
    4.     }
    5. }

7. Brian@Artific

Brian@Artific

I used to do this, and got so tired of cleaning up my hard drive every month that I finally made a project just for testing ideas. It's got all my 'must-have' tools already in, and each new idea is in its own subfolder. The nice thing about all these tiny prototypes in one place is that I can catch myself reinventing the wheel more easily. ("Class name already exists, does it? So much for that idea.")

8. goat

goat

I didn't know you could explicitly declare a namespace in C#. Maybe Unity should create their own namespace and require each publisher of code assets to do likewise (and keep it consistent for each asset released). They're a big hassle in SOAP too.

9. goat

goat

Hmm, yes. I've downloaded too many free Unity Store assets and now need to keep a Flash Card to single out the useful ones (to me at least).