Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

where do you find people to collaborate with?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by prodigal_prodigy21, Feb 27, 2019.

1. prodigal_prodigy21

prodigal_prodigy21

wheres the collaboration section for teams?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

3. zereda-games

zereda-games

Seems to be a slow process doing that. are there fast/easier methods. like an actual live chat room or sorts? because I've been watching the messages board all day and pretty much there's a post ever few hours and most people do not reply.... Not to mention, because i have 0 actual work exp in the industry or working for anyone, i look like an effin noob, when reality i have 4 years exp with Unity and C#.... I haven't finished many projects far enough on my own to post them. so I'm left with a 60% complete profile...

4. prodigal_prodigy21

prodigal_prodigy21

@zereda-games want to team up and build something? I have experience with 3d modeling, animations and other visual stuff

5. Abrageor

Abrageor

I am still interested on the topic, I would like to find a team and collaborate towards making mini games.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If you're looking for people to work with, Unity Connect is the perfect place to check out.

7. JBR-games

JBR-games

As a Unity employee, I know you Are forced to say use Connect, but Honestly Connect is horrible...
    its Slow & Unresponsive Seems to Reload for no reason.. not mobile friendly, and i cant even make my message warnings go away without checking every single one.

There is a reason why nobody uses it..
    The old Collaborate Forums got 10-20 posts a day. Connect Collaborate gets 1 a day maybe..

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @JBR-games, thank you for your feedback! I've passed this along to the Connect team so that they can continue to improve the site.

JBR-games likes this.
  9. andrescuevas

andrescuevas

I think there are a lot of solo devs out there. Great work has been made this way. So imagine what duo devs or triple team of rude boys could do.

People can be met and worked with from all over the world. I myself am a hermit living in a junglelike enviroment, but they just installed fibre optic in town and now I have a ton of speed.

Also I am unemployed due to the pandemic, so I have time to spare.

I am a classic jack of all trades, with special strength in game design, 3d and 2d asset creation, music production and advertising/marketing (though I don´t like it since it is my real job). I am weak in coding, but I am commited to learn. I´ve never done voice acting but I would really love to give it a try.

I am looking for similar people, who are very interested in game dev, but not necessarily do it as job. Noobs welcome. Pros too obviously lol.

My intention: Make something interesting.

I leave here my discord server: https://discord.gg/jMJjhY3p

10. andrescuevas

andrescuevas

hello, so far the experiment looks like a success, we have gathered a few responders and have begun working on a first warm up game. im sorry for the expired discord link. heres my user brutalus#8481 dm me and join us! its a great feeling to collaborate and share ideas!

11. andrescuevas

andrescuevas

how about this idea: a web service or app that helps game devs meet from around the world and do projects together? i know connect was supposed to be that but i dont think it was done right. just as mirror was made on top of unet, maybe some social collaboration hub could be born out of the ashes of connect. also connect was limited to unity.

this is an example of the same concept applied to music collaboration:

https://www.kompoz.com/music/

the reConnect app could be tinderesque where you see projects and teams and swipe to like or dislike and when theres a match the users are notified! :) would someone like to build this with me?!

WilderWanderer likes this.