Search Unity

Where do I put gloss map with Metalness workflow?!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Neikke, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Neikke

Neikke

Hi, feeling a bit lost though I'm pretty experienced in PBR, using Quixel, SP and marmoset Toolbag on a daily basis. I want to use metallic/roughness workflow with my Quixel generated textures. So I have black and white Metalness map defining which areas of my model are metal, and have grayscale Gloss/Roughness map defining how glossy particular areas are. But in Unity's material editor I see only metalness slot.. Where do I put Gloss map?! What is the right workflow for this? Do i have to include grayscale gloss texture in Alpha channel? But then which format should I use since there are only huge tifs and tga's supporting alphas?

Or do I have to pack and convert them using DDS format and feed those DDSs to Unity's material editor? Sorry if I missed some explanations here, couldn't find anything about it here. Thanks in advance

2. Neikke

Neikke

No ideas? :)

3. Schneider21

Schneider21

4. Neikke

Neikke

Thanks for the tips Schneider! I'll check them out!

5. rastlin

rastlin

Metalness should be baked into Alpha channel of an Albedo map by Quixel.

6. WilliamHickerson

WilliamHickerson

Wrong. The Gloss map is baked inside the Metalness map by Quixel. *Make sure you are using a file format that supports an alpha channel* I use .tif format. Don't use .png. Transparency is NOT Alpha.
    upload_2018-5-18_16-12-38.png

These are the Tabs is use for Metalness workflow, calibrated for Unity (Metalness)