Search Unity

Where do I just...collab with people?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoundStormLabs, Nov 17, 2018.

1. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

Is there just a basic forum here for people to talk about collaborating for a game, not necessarily hourly work?

2. vakabaka

vakabaka

not here, the old sub-forum was killed and replaced by https://connect.unity.com/ which we have to use :(
    also I don't know where all the rebels meet now

3. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

That doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't a company that makes a gaming platform and sells gaming assets want an integrated platform for developers to meet? That doesn't seem very unifying.

4. vakabaka

vakabaka

this unity-connect should be an integrated platform. And maybe you will like it :D I tried and this wasn't good for me.

5. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

I looked at it and it's still not apparent to me where I find currently open projects. I see random blog help posts, but not actual game development.

6. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You can open a thread in the game design forum and people can contribute to your game idea there if you want. But there's no way you'd be able to pick and choose who will participate. This is usually OK I think. Perhaps people would PM you if your concept is interesting.

You can't advertise anything but you can always say something like "PM if interested in helping out or just reply here".