Search Unity

Where do I get ARKit Remote?

Discussion in 'AR' started by ajmarks, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ajmarks

ajmarks

Hey,
    Not sure if this is the right place/apologize for the simplicity of this question -- new to messing around with AR using primarily ARfoundation developing for iOS at the moment, and I can't seem to figure out where i get the ARKit Remote scene that you use to build the remote app on your phone. I have the ARKit and ARFoundation packages in my project, but none of the scenes that everyone seems to have are in my ARKit package. I'm aware there used to be an ARKit plugin on the asset store (there no longer is), and I assumed all of that good stuff was just packed into the ARKit package. I can't seem to find any documentation on this for some reason, and don't want to end up with an old version of remote thats incompatible with what i'm using (ARKit2.1, ARFoundation1.5p5, and unity 2018.4). Is it straight up a github project i need to snag from somewhere? Thanks so much in advance, I look forward to being able to test my project without the stress of xcode every 15 minutes (always nice).

Edit: For anyone curious, found out via google ARKit Remote is deprecated and the unity experimental work around (https://forum.unity.com/threads/ar-remote-tool-alpha-preview.573229/) seems to be only working for 1.x versions of arfoundation and arkit etc? (I'm going to try using it with my versions of foundation/kit/unity and see if i can get it to work) Any advice for a workaround is much appreciated as i'd rather not use ARkit/foundation 1.x...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    MrDChristop and ina like this.
  2. chachi

chachi

So, did it work?

3. enhawk

enhawk

Click this link for the remote

4. tahafarooq

tahafarooq

Which link?

5. todds_unity