Search Unity

Question Where can I start to work on the physics?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by iamshenkui_gee, Jun 24, 2022.

1. iamshenkui_gee

iamshenkui_gee

Hello,
    I am using Unity DOTS to work on my own 2D games. However, I was stuck in the physics system for several days. The official samples provide samples of stateful projects, which is not really necessary for me at this time. Thus, I am wondering how can I find a new example for the collision system.

2. cdytoby

cdytoby

They update their project recently often, and I'm looking at it, just like you, I'm confused by the way it handles, but I think I cleared part of it out already.

Basically you need Physics Shape (collider) and Physics Body (rigidbody) on your gameobject (which will be turned into Entity). Then physics will do it's magic.

If you want to retrieve event, you need to have a Job, inherited from ICollisionEventsJob, and schedule it after physics "update" (yourJob.Schedule(m_StepPhysicsWorld.Simulation, Dependency); ). And you need to process whatever you want inside that job.

I'm still working on how to get collision position though.

And also, the documentation is not clear.

-------------Edit-------------------

I'm stuck with this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The previously scheduled job Solver:ParallelApplyGravityAndCopyInputVelocitiesJob writes to the Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[Unity.Physics.Velocity] ParallelApplyGravityAndCopyInputVelocitiesJob.InputVelocities. You are trying to schedule a new job CollisionCollectJob, which reads from the same Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[Unity.Physics.Velocity] (via CollisionCollectJob.EventReader.m_InputVelocities). To guarantee safety, you must include Solver:ParallelApplyGravityAndCopyInputVelocitiesJob as a dependency of the newly scheduled job.
    2. Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility.Schedule (Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility+JobScheduleParameters& parameters) (at <4a31731933e0419ca5a995305014ad37>:0)
    3. Unity.Physics.ICollisionEventJobExtensions.ScheduleUnityPhysicsCollisionEventsJob[T] (T jobData, Unity.Physics.ISimulation simulation, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle inputDeps) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Physics/Dynamics/Simulation/ICollisionEventsJob.cs:83)
    4. Unity.Physics.ICollisionEventJobExtensions.Schedule[T] (T jobData, Unity.Physics.ISimulation simulation, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle inputDeps) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Physics/Dynamics/Simulation/ICollisionEventsJob.cs:45)
    5. SpawnBallSystem.OnUpdate () (at Assets/SpawnBallSystem.cs:61)
    6. Unity.Entities.SystemBase.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/SystemBase.cs:409)
    7. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:583)
    8. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    9. Unity.Debug:LogException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/Stubs/Unity/Debug.cs:19)
    10. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:588)
    11. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:529)
    12. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:114)
    13. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:583)
    14. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:523)
    15. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:114)
    16. Unity.Entities.DummyDelegateWrapper:TriggerUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.51.0-preview.32/Unity.Entities/ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.cs:426)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022