Search Unity

Where can I share my build on cloud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HMDValin, Feb 27, 2023.

1. HMDValin

HMDValin

Hello guys.

I finished a project and I want to share it with a client of mine, but maybe his computer is not so good to execute the build. So what I thought is to share the build through a cloud service so he doesn't need to download the build and depend on the computer.

Could you recommend me some services that might meet this need of mine?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

This is what Unity bought: https://www.furioos.com/

It used to have a free plan but don't see it anymore. No wonder, given how expensive running such kind of service is. You will probably not find something for free that streams demanding 3D apps, or if it's free, it's going to be very limited in terms of processing power or how long you can use it for free. But for a client I would expect paying a couple $$ should be fine.

HMDValin likes this.
  3. mgear

mgear

HMDValin likes this.
  4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I have liased with both pureweb and furioos through a client (who went with pureweb in the end after carefully weighing them up against each other) and can tell you that pureweb are DRASTICALLY cheaper. Furioos for the price, were practically laughable. Genuinely cant understand how they are still in business with the current pricing model vs the service quality.

At $0.06 per minute, Furioos is guaranteed to bankrupt most small-medium scale enterprises for anything other than prototype/proof-of-concept projects that wont be used much.

Pureweb dont display pricing but from personal experience they are much more willing to provide reasonable pricing upfront (And I am talking half the price of furioos, even lower potentially). Furioos seems like most unity aquisitions, overpriced and doomed to die. Look at artengine for an example of this.

Maybe Furioos have gotten better quality wise, but they definitely have an overpriced cost attached and for most people using unity thats a big turn off. I hope they re-evaluate their costs because they are not tenable for most - and if they dont they should really start pandering only to large enterprise clients as most are outside their price range.

Ryiah and HMDValin like this.
  5. HMDValin

HMDValin

Thanks for the answer and for passing a point of view more elaborated about the two services.

In my situation, the build will be shown just for presentations of the project for my client that maybe will not take so much minutes. I would say that the presentation would last around 1 hour and it would be something like 1 or 2 presentations per month. At the moment it is a really small build, but with projection to be something bigger in the future.

To be more specific, the project is a digital flyer with 3d models and other interactions.

In this case, do you think that Furioos could be a good option at the moment or should I full invest in PureWeb?

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  6. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Its as difficult to integrate Furioos as it is pureweb, so at this point you are really asking "shall I pay more, or less for the same style of service?" - so its really up to you. I would pick pureweb, but its not my capital at risk.

7. mgear

mgear

one other alternative is Amazon AppStream,
    it doesn't require special setup or plugins (like pureweb, although its easy if you already have new input system enabled), as its basically just a remote desktop to that exe..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  8. Ryiah

Ryiah

Instead of signing up for an expensive service you should start by determining if his computer truly can't run it.

9. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

And to add to this, whether there are low hanging fruit in actually optimizing your project instead of taking the approach of using streaming services to get around it.

We only looked at furioos and pureweb as we wanted to stream a heavy 4k HD archviz project to low power mobile phones.

Otherwise I always take the approach of profiling and reducing the ms eaten up, rather than investing in streaming.

Ryiah likes this.