Search Unity

Where can I get free or cheap Japanese music and sound effects?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrDude, Jun 8, 2017.

1. MrDude

MrDude

Everything I do is Japanese themed and yet I have no source for kabuki yells, loopable shimasen tracks, taiko loops ... nothing.

Does anyone know where I can get some free to use or cheap to use sound effects and/or loops? Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edit:
    All those "Far East" or "Asian" stuff that fills my ear drums with electric guitars and symphony orchestras... Not what I am looking for at all. I am looking for music and sound effects that you might find in a game like Tenchu... that time period, that style of game... I don't really know how else to put it... Traditional... not "Here is my electric guitar version of that traditional song"

Thought it worth mentioning as most of the stuff I find is just that... electric guitars playing classic songs or people using shimasen's to try and be the next best heavy metal band. Not at all what I'm searching for.

Thanks again

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. neginfinity

neginfinity

By googling ロイヤリティフリーの日本の音楽 I ended up on audiostock.jp .
    https://audiostock.jp/

As far as I can tell, it sells music for commercial/game use.

The first sentence appears to be along the lines of "music selling marketplace audiostock sells royalty free bgm and music licenses".

....Actually now I'm not sure how suitable would that be.

3. MrDude

MrDude

Thanks for trying anyway :)

4. minhnt0706

minhnt0706

My answer is Youtube. Some websites let you the ability to download the videos and soundtracks on Youtube.

5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

6. minhnt0706

minhnt0706

You can also find the Japanese song lyrics here. This lyric website is really helpful.
    Japanese song lyrics