Search Unity

Where can I find Unity Engine limits and constraints?

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by LootHunter, Oct 16, 2021.

1. LootHunter

LootHunter

Hi. I was wondering, where can I find Unity's limits and constraints? Like maximum objects per Scene, maximum components per object, maximum polygons per mesh, the maximum number of Scenes, etc.

I expected Documentation to have some section on that but couldn't find one. The only mention of limits was on the forum about convex mesh having 255 polygon limit due to PhysX (that is used for collision detection).

P.S. Yes, I understand that any Unity hard limitation will be probably beyond any hardware limitation (current at least), but still - can anyone point me or tell me those limit specs?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The limits are going to be your hardware first, for practically anything. Unity is busy removing limits all the time, so if you find one, let them know!

As for limits like physx colliders, these are easily gotten around with things like https://github.com/mollstam/v-hacd-unity

You'll find other "limits" are more about what the system can do. For example SRP lets you define how many lights you want to use. I suspect this isn't what you're talking about though as those are self imposed limits.

As your question is basically infinite, I don't think it's worth following up more. Don't worry, and dive in. It really is a bit too big overall to discuss it without specifics, and it's incredibly unlikely you can find any limits beyond what your hardware can manage.