Search Unity

Where can i find Tutorial Projects for creating UI?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Azzarrel, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Azzarrel

Azzarrel

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a small game in Unity and thought about starting with the UI.

Although I already worked on some minor backend-projects in my job and can hadle the coding quite well I still struggle to getting used to unitiy itself and have a few problems with creating UI-elements at runtime via scripts.

I've gone through most of the video tutorials and the documentation, but my progress is less than expected.
    I think a simple, well commented, 'sample-project' where a few UI elements are created dynamically would help me quite a lot, but I didn't find any yet.

Does any of you happen to know if/where i can get such projects?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I guess the sample code here is as simple as it gets.

To create elements at runtime in Unity, you almost always use Instantiate to either clone a prefab into your scene, or clone some object already in your scene.

What exactly is the point you're having trouble with?

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I would also suggest checking out YouTube. I do a few more complicated things with UI on mu channel.

This playlist should get you started. Then follow some of the suggested videos links.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9XrzOfMtxxHLwYeDusb1CIi_7dvP23Sz

Note that my channel assumes you already have the basics together from the Unity learn section tutorials.