Search Unity

Question Where can I cancel my seat for MARS?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by timbokoppers, Jun 4, 2020.

1. timbokoppers

timbokoppers

Hi,

I want to cancel my subscription for MARS, but I can't find where I can manage that.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

2. philc_unity

philc_unity

Hi, you should be able to manage your subscription at id.unity.com > My Account > My Seats

The other place seat management may appear is under id.unity.com > Organizations

Let me know if that helps.

3. timbokoppers

timbokoppers

Thanks found it now, it was in the > Organizations.

philc_unity and jmunozarUTech like this.
  4. Urchig

Urchig

I've noticed when you install and signup for Unity Mars auto renwal is set automatically on. I recall that when you signup for the trail that it sais the contrary. Now with auto renewal on your automatically locked in for a yearly subscription. I can't canel it. Something is fundametal wrong here. How can I cancel my seat imediatly?

BMO_blanc likes this.
  5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

upload_2020-8-18_18-24-0.png

I don't like it either, but the page days say that either you cancel before the trial period ends, or it auto-renews and you're then committed for a whole year.

7. AdrienMgm

AdrienMgm

Same issue for us...

Apparently this is a strategy as you can see in these comments.
    Very bad practices!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  8. CatPump

CatPump

This is scandalous predatory tactic by Unity that coasts the edge of legality. Several users have started a class action lawsuit to take Unity to court over this, and I would encourage everyone else to post about this on their social media. It is an absolutely disgraceful "bait and switch" move that locks users into an annual contract through deceptive and misleading small print.

That in and of itself is criminal, but what's worse is that the software in question (MARS) is nowhere near a finished professional product. Nobody in their right mind would pay $600/year for it. It's extortion, pure and simple.

9. gravyday

gravyday

It took me a while but there is a hidden option to cancel the auto-renewal. If you go to your org panel: https://id.unity.com/en/organizations then click on the Manage button next to your organization, then click the Manage button next to "Unity MARS", then go to the "Manage Subscription" tab. There you will see under Automatic Renewal the text: "Turning off automatic renewal will cancel your subscription" with no button to turn it off, BUT down below, hidden in small text, is a link that says "Cancel Auto-Renewal" or something (I can't see it anymore since I cancelled). Click here and you will see the hidden cancel link. It is very hard to find. This is very much a dark pattern meant to steal our money.

10. Traffic77

Traffic77

yea that was a good note. I cancelled steep price to pay, need more time but $600 hanging over my head is like not changing oil in your car, you eventually pay.