Search Unity

Where are the other skyboxes?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Jim-Boddie, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Jim-Boddie

Jim-Boddie

The tutorial section Using Skyboxes says that "Unity comes with a number of high-quality skyboxes in the Standard Assets package (menu: Assets > Import Package > Skyboxes)" but Skyboxes is not in the dropdown list. Has something changed for Unity 5.0 or am I missing another step to get skyboxes other than the default?

2. SmielyFace

SmielyFace

I am having the same issue. My assumption would be that Unity 5 has them stored somewhere else. I don't know where yet but will post again if I find it.

3. exnihilodub

exnihilodub

I'm having the same problem here. I only got the default skybox and there is no Import Skyboxes option in assets tab.

4. Jaimi

Jaimi

5. AceNZ

AceNZ

Thanks Jaimi - I have been searching online for information on Skybox assets, and couldn't find any. This really answered my question and helped me continue forward.

Thanks again,
    Yash

6. jhocking

jhocking

Unity 4 had a bunch of skyboxes, but those were removed from Unity 5. I've made a tutorial (an excerpt from the book in my sig) that explains how to make a skybox using your own skybox images, such as freebies downloaded from the internet:
    (text) http://java.dzone.com/articles/how-generate-sky-visuals-unity
    (video)

WillersonAbreu likes this.