Search Unity

Question When you open older project, pm cannot find certain unity packages anymore?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by mgear, Nov 27, 2022.

1. mgear

mgear

is there some solution for these,

opened project in newer unity version,
    it doesn't know where hdrp 15 package is or has it been removed from package manager,
    or what does this error mean? (i would expect it to download that version from unity servers..)
    upload_2022-11-27_16-58-28.png

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @mgear,

As of 2021.1, the graphics packages have moved from the Unity registry to be shipped exclusively with the Editor so they can be step-locked with exact Editor versions. To my knowledge, this decision was made because those packages have very deep dependencies on core Editor APIs such that they couldn't be made to work easily across multiple Editor versions and that led to much more frequent issues than the current situation.

However, I see you said that you're opening the project in a newer Unity version. This normally triggers an upgrade mechanism to that updates dependencies in the project manifest, so the HDRP dependency should be updated to what's actually available with that Editor instead of the older dependency version. What Unity version are you using, including the patch number? (e.g 2021.3.14f1). HDRP 15.0.0 seems like it's something that was included in a recent 2023.1 alpha. Did you by any chance open the project in a 2023.1 alpha version, then downgraded back to a 2022.X or 2021.X version? (There's an "upgrade" mechanism, but no "downgrade" mechanism.)

mgear likes this.
  3. mgear

mgear

ok well that explains it, i thought that every package & versions are always available from the servers..

i forgot what was the exact unity version, upgraded to 2023.1.0a20,
    after that dialog (in safe mode) package manager did show that 15.0.1 was available,
    so was able to open project with hdrp running.

maximeb_unity likes this.
  4. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Glad you could get unblocked :)