Search Unity

When will Unity Hub get updates same time with actual releases?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by rz_0lento, Oct 31, 2018.

1. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

As active beta user, this has annoyed me as long as Hub has existed, I get new version notifications from the RSS feed or editor and direct download links are always live way before Hub ever gets them. This has happened literally for every beta release so far (and I expect it to do the same with full releases). It's also not very intuitive to have to restart the Hub to catch the update as there's no refresh button :)

For example, 2018.3.0b8 has now been out for a while and it's not on the Hub yet (edit-> it's now out half an hour later). It's not really the exact minutes or hours that bug me about this but that it doesn't happen on all places simultaneously. At worst, the difference have been a working day from first notification of new version (RSS or editor).

Could someone explain why Hub always has to be stalled? Surely Unity could sync the releases automatically somehow, right now it feels like some people have to manually do these things and Hub is always the last place that gets updated.

PS. took me a while to find Unity Hub section from the forums as I didn't first look at it under Beta & Experimental, Unity Hub has already been released so shouldn't it be under regular forum sections?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Yeah, this has been asked several times before and no definitive answer yet. I don't get it either.

3. There was answer: they're working on this (the latency).

4. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi all,

We fully understand the frustration and confusions. This process is something that depends on various disparate systems in the Editor Vs the Hub (RSS feed) that need to align from a tech and release process perspective. We know this needs to be addressed and apologize for it taking so long.

Thanks
    Daniel