Search Unity

When will new Unity UI be available?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FellowPlayer123, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Murgilod

Murgilod

In fairness, Unity probably won't be doing the web style bloating and analytic slowdown nightmare for its renderer the web suffers from

Ryiah likes this.
  2. Martin_H

Martin_H

This doesn't 100% fit here, but I just had to share and it's definitely not worth making a thread for it. I was wondering whether the gras is greener in GameMakerStudio land, because Yahtzee Croshaw is in the process of doing 1 tiny game per month in it at the moment, and I found the thought of having pixel art editor and game editor integrated together interesting. I just read this 2 month old youtube comment under a video on GML feature updates:

Like... holy S***. Is unity that far ahead of the competition??? If this is the case I'll happily cut them some slack on how slow some other things are progressing.

3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I think is visually and usability-wise a step backward. However.... if it a performance boost.. win! I don't actually spend a lot of actual development time in the unity editor, so I am not too fussed as long as when I do need to use it doesn't respond like I am on a 10 year old computer.

4. Murgilod

Murgilod

My current computer will be 10 years old by the time the asset store finishes loading.

zombiegorilla, Kiwasi and Ryiah like this.
  5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Game Maker isn’t really the competition. You need to check out Unreal for that.

Game Maker is more of a half way project between scratch and a fully fledged engine. It’s not bad for learning. But it’s rarely used for any big stuff.