Search Unity

When will Linux become official?

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Joejoepie, Jun 4, 2017.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Yeah it really should work, but please can you post about your difficulties on https://forum.unity.com/forums/graphics-experimental-previews.110/ as well? it's more visible to the team, mention your graphics drivers etc. I don't actually see a reason why it wouldn't work but then, I don't look at this source every day :)

If it's possible to file a bug report and post the case number in that thread or topic (they'll email you it) then this will further increase chances (if reporter works on linux....) :D

2. FENIX2801

FENIX2801

I have been using the Unity Linux editor for a while, and it is awesome!, i haved only a few problems that i can solved them so easy. As i see, maybe the editor could have an official release this year.

Thank you devs for this amazing work!

StevakoBoy, PixelJ and Shinobi1507 like this.
  3. hk1ll3r

hk1ll3r

Please make it official already. It has been stable for a while.

4. HZ51

HZ51

I use Linux as my main and the only one OS. I would see Unity official supported and without all those crazy UI bugs and other issues :)

5. marcdi_unity

marcdi_unity

Unity Technologies

APSchmidt, PixelJ, Eyap and 3 others like this.
  6. HonorableDaniel

HonorableDaniel

7. marcdi_unity

marcdi_unity

Unity Technologies

Neither Mac nor Windows are able to target all the supported platforms (see for example iOS and UWP). From my understanding, the same limitations will apply for the Linux Editor.

EQLucky, FROS7 and HonorableDaniel like this.
  8. Skade88

Skade88

Thank you for the good news! I moved to Ubuntu a decade ago and I am not going back to Windows. Its been a life saver having Unity for Linux.

HZ51 likes this.
  9. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

About time, with Windows 7 no longer being supported from next January 14th, 2020 on... I hope it's really as good as people say since I'll have to switch to Ubuntu. :)

HZ51 and amarok-blue like this.