Search Unity

When will Everyplay for Android be fixed???

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by dookeybre, Jul 20, 2016.

1. dookeybre

dookeybre

So I am using Everyplay SDK for 3 years on iOS and about 2 on Android. No problems on iOS platform but Android makes me sick. So you have isRecordingSupported witch DOESN'T work for most devices because you have to manually add devices to blacklist.

Are you planning on fixing things or at least create some public blacklist?

Or could you please just create option to copy blacklist from one game to another on developer console?

2. RichCodes

RichCodes

"On Android, due to wide range of driver behaviour, hardware encoders, GPUs and Android version differences out there, Everyplay caches device specific settings online from a remote server.

Until the settings are successfully received, the recording support is automatically disabled. After receiving the server response, the recording support is either enabled or continued to be disabled to workaround devices known to cause trouble.

On Android and unsupported device scenario, there will be a ReadyForRecording(false) event.
    "

This is from the Everyplay integration: https://developers.everyplay.com/documentation/Everyplay-integration-to-Unity3d-game.md
    So your saying, unless you add the device to some private blacklist, "ReadyForRecording(false)" event is not executed like the documentation says?

Thanks for the information. I'm currently integrating this into an Android project, and I was unaware of any problems with Android.

3. dookeybre

dookeybre

I don't know how it should work but it ain't working like documentation said. At least not on Samsung tab 3 and similar devices. We have a lot crash logs because of everyplay.
    For example Huawei p8:When game is starting for the first time it crashes an on second entry everything works well and no everyplay. Everything is fixed when we manually blacklist Huawei p8.
    The problem is that manual blacklisting is terrible. We have to do it for every game. You can't even copy the list from one game to another.

4. RichCodes

RichCodes

Just to clarify, your making sure you receive the "ReadyForRecording()" event and that it is true, before trying to do anything with recording? (Including calling "IsRecordingSupported()")

*Please don't take these questions wrong, I'm just trying to figure out where the problem lies so that I can correct it before I run into it myself. So far its worked correctly on my test devices, but being an Android developer you know how that goes. Someone always manages to find a kitchen appliance that has Android, that the game won't run correctly on.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  5. dookeybre

dookeybre

Yeah I think that is the implementation.