Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

When will Burst 1.6.1 be available? Apple Silicon macs generate "Invalid Binary" using Burst 1.6.0

Discussion in 'Burst' started by fizzyfrosty, Oct 7, 2021.

1. fizzyfrosty

fizzyfrosty

Uploading an app to the iOS App Store on my Apple Silicon mac using 2021.2.0b14 generates an "Invalid Binary" status for my app. I recently ran into this issue that seems to explain it:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ects-apps-when-they-contain-the-burst-package

My question is, when can we expect Burst 1.6.1 to be released/accessible (which hopefully fixes it)? Wondering if it's days, or weeks away, so I can consider waiting or just downgrading my project. Since I am running Apple Silicon, simply downgrading Burst is not an option for me because I then cannot compile into an iOS project at all using 2021.2.0b. I'll have to go back to the last LTS version entirely and re-import all my assets.

Thanks.

2. fabrizio_unity

fabrizio_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    we expect to release 1.6.1 early next week so, it's hopefully few days away. If we encounter any issue down the line that prevents a release, i'll make sure to let you know the "new" ETA so we can plan accordingly what's best for your case.

Hope it's not too inconvenient for you.

Thanks,
    Fabrizio

3. fizzyfrosty

fizzyfrosty

Thank you. Just letting you know, I have already went ahead and downgraded my project to work on 2020.3.9f. So no need to rush on my account now. Appreciate the quick response!

4. fabrizio_unity

fabrizio_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    we just published 1.6.1 so, feel free to upgrade again if you wish :)

Thanks,
    Fabrizio

TheOtherMonarch and LeonhardP like this.
  5. fizzyfrosty

fizzyfrosty

Fantastic! Thank you!

sheredom likes this.