Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted When will 2D Renderer Camera Stacking be supported in URP

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by VStopka0, May 24, 2020.

1. VStopka0

VStopka0

Hey,

I would love to ask mainly the Unity staff, but if anyone else has any kind of information about this, I'd love to hear from you.

So my question is: When approximately will 2D Renderer Camera Stacking be supported in Universal Render Pipeline.

I am in the middle of a development of a 2D game using URP that will last at least a year, and so I would like to know, if I am waiting for the new version, or I have to find another solution (Almost impossible to find any).

Thank you,
    Viktor Stopka

2. Sam_Ooi

Sam_Ooi

Unity Technologies

Hi! 2D Renderer Camera Stacking has indeed been implemented in the Universal Render Pipeline, the documentation has been just updated to reflect its support and may not appear on the current documents online. Could you let me know which version of URP you are currently using and I can check whether the Camera Stacking update is already live for that version?

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    VStopka0 likes this.
  3. VStopka0

VStopka0

I am using version 7.3.1 of URP, Unity 2019.3.6f1. The 7.3.1 version seems to be the maximal possible version to get.

4. yuanxing_cai

yuanxing_cai

Unity Technologies

You will need to wait for v7.4, which should release in a few weeks.

jasonMcintosh likes this.
unityunity