Search Unity

Question When using ConvertoEntity to display various 3d models, some of the meshes become large.

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by tamura_yorifumi, Nov 18, 2021.

1. tamura_yorifumi

tamura_yorifumi

I am experiencing a problem where some meshes (head meshes) become large when displaying 3D models of sub-scenes (or adding converToEntity).

I checked the following items and did not find any particular problem.
    * Does the bone have a magnification factor attached to it? (no)
    * Does the mesh itself have a magnification factor? (no)
    * Is there a problem with the shader itself? (I use the same shader for limbs, and it shows up fine.)
    * Add a component related to ECS scale to check if it is enlarged (it was not).

One solution is to remove the neck weight at the base of the head from "maya", which will restore the head size, but this is not a practical solution because the neck will be cut off during animation.

Also, according to the data in maya, the difference between the legs, arms, and body that are drawn correctly and the head is due to the difference in polygons.
    The only difference between the normally rendered legs, arms, and body and the head was the number of polygons.

Is this a bug related to ECS or HybridRender?
    At least when I added the model to the scene without using ECS, it was rendered fine.
    If anyone has a similar problem, or can suggest a solution, I'd appreciate your help.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

If rigged mesh is scaled, it may result in unexpected behaviour. Like limbs stretching, or making mesh looks bigger.
    So it is to make sure, your imported mesh has right scaling from 3d software. Also double check settings of Unity model importer.

Model is exported as fbx.

3. tamura_yorifumi

tamura_yorifumi

Thanks for the reply.
    I have checked and the settings on maya(fbx) and the import settings that I can see from the inspector in Unity look the same.

Or should I check the variables in AssetPostprocessor or something?