Search Unity

When Unity physcis surpport entities 0.8?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by lijianfeng, Mar 16, 2020.

1. lijianfeng

lijianfeng

I see the unity physics 0.3 depend on entites 0.6,when I upgrade enties to 0.8,there are a lot of error.:oops:

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Have you updated other packages manually? Entities 0.8.0 works fine for me with Unity Physics 0.3.0 but I do get tons of errors/warnings if I manually update to newer Platforms than 0.2.1 or Performance testing API that is newer than 1.3.3.

steveeHavok likes this.
  3. surits14

surits14

What do you mean by manually updating packages?

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

If you've installed yourself bunch of packages with versions that are not compatible using package manager, you can get conflicts in code. You should only install the packages you need and let them handle installing the dependency packages - unless there's a good reason to install those manually yourself.

I see this happening a lot nowadays. There is already some work done on Unity 2020.1 that signals users if they use too old packages but even there it doesn't signal warnings if user has manually installed "too new" package that is not compatible with the other installed packages.

surits14 likes this.
  5. RichardWepner

RichardWepner

I hab the same issue, but without me manually causing it. Upgrading Entities didn't work due to an unsatisfied dependency to Collections. Collections was already included in the project in a certain version, but neither upgraded to the required one, nor asked me what to do about it. If you afterwards upgrade Collections to the required version, everything works fine.

surits14 likes this.
  6. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I think that could happen if you installed first package that had lower version of collections as dependency and then installed another package that required higher version. On 2020.1 you'd get a nice warning sign for this, I dunno if they've also fixed the dependency checks so it would always install the highest version required by the packages (or if it's supposed to work like that already on 2019.3).

These situations are not ideal and I've seen that collections update issue myself too. I hope Unity can make the dependencies work better in the future.

7. surits14

surits14

This worked. Thank you @RichardWepner and @rz_0lento
    I removed all the packages related to Dots first. Then again installed Unity Physics package followed by Hybrid Renderer and then Collections package. All these packages to the latest versions. I don't have any errors now.

8. RichardWepner

RichardWepner

@rz_0lento: good to know, but guess I'll wait until there is a non-pre-release of Unity 2020 available.