Search Unity

When to set TestMode to false?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TortoRacoon, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TortoRacoon

TortoRacoon

So I've been doing lots of reading these days while setting the unity ads into my game, and there was an article saying that we cannot test if actual ads are displayable because as soon as the system sees that ads are going to an unpublished game, it will straight away be flagged as fraudulent.

So I tested all the way with the Testmode checked and also a bool inside my script checking the Testmode before anything (I did not want to get flagged from some buggy script) and now the app is on review to be published...

Big question: so the very second the game get's published, can we upload an update with testmode set to false? or is there like a "Waiting period"?

thank you very much for reading and forget my redundancy

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

I don't know if it is that immediate, but it is definitely expected that apps in development show only test ads. And you should avoid clicking on the ads, if you do get a live ad in your game.

You should be able to set testmode to false whenever you expect actual users to use your game. Since it will likely be published as soon as it's approved, I think that's an appropriate time. There is no waiting period that I'm aware of.