Search Unity

Resolved When should i load ad

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by puzzlessouls, Feb 26, 2022.

1. puzzlessouls

puzzlessouls

When should i load Ads,
    .At Start function or When Player Completed level, Start will call So Many Time, But when level Completed this ad will load fast ? will load in 5sec? And also it will Show Button on that time?
    ,Its rewarded Ad In Android.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  2. Unity_Jae

Unity_Jae

Unity Technologies

Hello puzzlessouls,

One possible solution is that when you load the level at the beginning, load the ads. This will make when the player completes the level, you can show the ads to the player without making the player wait. The ads will be loaded while users are playing the level.
    But the thing is that you can control when you want to load it. Therefore, when you want to show the ads matters. For example, you can load ads when starting the app. Or load ads right before showing the ads. It is your choice.
    In most cases, it varies depending on the user's internet speed, loading an ad usually takes less than 5 seconds. In my case, it only takes 1 - 2 seconds to load the ads.

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions, please leave a comment.

puzzlessouls likes this.
  3. KaOzz

KaOzz

For rewarded ads, in my game, players chose to view an ad to get A bonus, and when finish that ad, player need to have available another ad for another B bonus reward.
    Where is the best place to call the load method?

1) OnUnityAdsShowStart (string placementId) { LoadRewardedAd(); }
    2) OnUnityAdsShowComplete(string placementId, UnityAdsShowCompletionState showCompletionState) { LoadRewardedAd(); }

Right now I have on OnUnityAdsShowComplete, but when players finish to view an ad, they don't have immediatly one new ad to view. They report me that they have to wait a few seconds.

4. krupps

krupps

I put a loading screen between levels to preload the ad during this time. Loading at the beginning of the level was causing a 3 second lag on older tablets, but not the phones. A lot of people will have tons of stuff running and/or unstable wifi causing packet loss that will cause lag in the game.

5. OffroadGamesStudio

OffroadGamesStudio

Make two ad placement, one for A bonus and second for B. preload both A and B ad placements. i this way you have B ad ready to display on the spot.
    Advertisement.Load("Reawrded_A");
    Advertisement.Load("Reawrded_B");