Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

When publishing only the projectsettings.txt is in the changes view.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Squibel, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Squibel

Squibel

Hi Guys,

First of all I'm still working on Unity 5.4.1f1 because the main project we're working on is using that version and it is too big for the collaborate beta (25Gb).
    The problem I have is with a smaller pet project of mine that I have uploaded to the collaborate cloud. It was originally built in a previous version of Unity, and it was upgraded right before I uploaded it to the collaborate cloud. Whenever I start this project, I get the following message (see screenshot).

Screenshot.png
    The changes view also does not show anything else than the ProjectVersion.txt file.

What's going wrong here? Is it because I'm not on the latest beta version of Unity ?
    Thanks.

2. bradunity

bradunity

Hey, @Squibel, sorry for the troubles! That most often occurs when you're sharing your project with someone else (or with another machine) where the two versions of the Unity Editor are not exactly the same. That file includes the version string and will provide you more details on what's changing. To avoid this you'll need to make sure everyone publishing changes to your project are using the same version of the editor.

3. Squibel

Squibel

Hi Brad,
    Thanks for the quick reply. The thing is, at the moment I'm the only one publishing changes...

4. bradunity

bradunity

Hmm, that is strange. After you see the message do you eventually publish changes? If you do and you restart the editor and see that message again it sounds like a bug.

5. Squibel

Squibel

When I see the message and publish my changes, all the current changes are committed. When I restart the editor it gives me the sign that everything is up to date. After changing an item and trying to commit again I receive the same message.

6. bradunity

bradunity

Yeah, that sounds frustrating–big apologies. After discussing with folks here it seems this is a known bug in the standard 5.4.1 release that you appear to be running. We have a fix in a preview release that will be available soon (maybe this week) that have Collab fixes and some new Collab features. If you'd like to try that out, I'll set a reminder for me to post access to it on this thread when it's available.

Also, @Squibel, if/when you see that again can you show us the differences Collab thinks need to be published (click that "eye" icon)?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  7. Squibel

Squibel

Thanks for the follow up Brad, if it's a known issue then I'll just ignore it for the moment.
    To answer your question about the differences that Collab thinks need to be published, there are none as you can see in the screenshot below:
    Unity_Collab_Screen_ProjectVersionChanges.PNG

When I look at the history of my collab publishes, the projectversion.txt file is only published once.

holliebuckets likes this.
  8. bradunity

bradunity

Thanks for the screenshot. Certainly clear that nothing actually changed in that file.