Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

When Netcode be able to handle MMO's needs (3k+ player per server)????

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by unity_VigorBioFunStudio, Jul 30, 2020.

1. unity_VigorBioFunStudio

unity_VigorBioFunStudio

I wanted to develop MMORPG sine 2015 but P2P can't do this at all for scalability and security issues ...etc. I waited a lot of time for solutions from you and finally Unity's Multiplayer Netcode appeared, I read on Unity blog Navigation Unity Multiplayer Netcode Transition that " it is likely difficult to scale the server much beyond that player count. At 80+ players per session, you’ll either need to become an early adopter of the new DOTS-Netcode and Unity Transport Package (UTP)".

Please I need clear answer when new Netcode can handle MMo's needs? Is there any planning for this?
    I apologies for my humble English.

Thanks in advance.

Lionious likes this.
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

mischa2k likes this.
  3. unity_VigorBioFunStudio

unity_VigorBioFunStudio

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Yeah it is new, and I haven't used it, but the response is positive so far and the guy running it is very responsive.

5. Lionious

Lionious

i really hope that unity network solution will support high connections for Mmo's etc. i would like to use something from the engine it self. for once at least. i been depending in third parties for awhile. and most of them either abandoned or something else so i hope just at least for once that we get good solution for that scale of connections.