Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved When might we see Editor Design System site be public?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by MechaWolf99, Aug 26, 2022.

1. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Hi, pretty simple question out of curiosity.
    I was wondering when we might see the Unity Editor Design System site be made public for everyone to use? It is pretty great already, though I know there is a lot to add still.

oscarAbraham and alexanderameye like this.
  2. weiwei-at-unity

weiwei-at-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! We're super glad that you're looking forward to the release of the Unity Editor Design System. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date yet, but I can tell you that the team's current focus is on getting the Design System ready for public release. We got lot of great feedback from external folks like you that we've incorporated into the site, and we intend to continue collecting feedback throughout the site's lifecycle.

For now, if you're interested in participating and giving us feedback about the Design System, I encourage you to fill out the survey here!

3. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

It seems I've completely missed this. What is the 'Unity Editor Design System'?

4. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Totally understandable, definitely looking forward to it!

I actually already gave feedback, names Ben. We talked about the sub-par design of the ReorderableList (still hoping some day it will be improved!) haha.
    Still been using the site on occasion and stalking the AirTable to see what's new haha. Definitely looking forward to it being released publicly!

5. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

It is a site Unity is creating that basically is a set of rules and guidelines for the UI and UX of the editor. It can help users more easily create UI for their editors that are easy to use and fit in with the rest of the editor.

6. weiwei-at-unity

weiwei-at-unity

Unity Technologies

Nailed it :)

Ah yes!! I didn't recognise your forum username. Thanks again for that chat, super appreciated!

MechaWolf99 likes this.