Search Unity

When is the next big Update?

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by cdm456852, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdm456852

cdm456852

I really would like to know when the next update come.

2. Stexe

Stexe

I think we all would. Heck, I'd be happy if they just spent a few minutes answering people's biggest problems. But here we are... =/

AggressiveMastery likes this.
  3. halley

halley

Currently, Unity puts out new large releases three times a year, roughly every 4 months, and then polishes up the last update for a "long term" standard for developers to rely on. So 2018.1, 2018.2, 2018.3 were released in 2018, and soon 2018.4 will be a repackage of 2018.3 with an emphasis on critical fixes only. Smaller updates are intermixed to patch issues in the past or introduce previews of upcoming major updates. Meanwhile 2019.1 just came out, and I think you might be able to guess from that where Unity is going from there. Unless you're inside the Unity company, that's the best you'll ever be able to do... guess.

hippocoder likes this.
  4. Stexe

Stexe

This is specifically about FPS Sample which isn't directly tied into Unity version releases as far as I'm aware.

5. halley

halley

Fair enough. But the answer is the same... nobody outside the team producing it would have any info, and those inside the team aren't going to promise a date (or even promise there IS an update).

6. cdm456852

cdm456852

Yeah,That is what i am talking about...

7. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

They have the FPS Sample running in Unity 2019.1 with the new Unity Physic's as of GDC 2019... So like earlier this month.

Literally seeing the 'stuff' i need done, done, and not having it. Sure piss's me off every day :)

@ 1:38:00 into the video, the physics portion of Unity's 2019 presentation... Oh from March 18th I guess, so over a month. Jesus him self running the mouse.

We feel abandoned completely in this forum.

So they have PLENTY to release.

Orimay, Journeythedev and Stexe like this.
  8. cdm456852

cdm456852

Why don't the official publisher answer me?

9. Stexe

Stexe

They probably don't have an official release date and if they did they would make it public on social media channels and so on. As far as them not answering anyone else ... well, I dunno. =/

10. cdm456852

cdm456852

Which module do you think will have the biggest update?

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  11. Stexe

Stexe

They announced they added physics and some other things. Check the videos Unity has released that shows off some of their stuff.

12. cdm456852

cdm456852

I see, Thank you for your answer, I am looking forward to their next big UPDATE.

Orimay likes this.
  13. Orimay

Orimay

I also think physics update will lead to netcode update

14. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The update will come when it is ready and is really a strong internal test bed for Unity. The project is a living sample, and so it's not supposed to be something you can demand on tap. The project is basically dogfooding for Unity, so you should not depend on any specific update and if you can't use what is there or build on it as it stands then it's not for you.

FPS Sample is not the Unity engine product, it is simply a living sample that for all intents and purposes people should consider complete on the day they download it.

Feel free to ask about the technology or other aspects of FPS sample and check out the threads in the experimental area of this forum for the things the sample is demonstrating (you may find the support you want there).

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.