Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

When in Shader Graph add the ability (Pixel displacement) ?

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Rodniid, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Rodniid

Rodniid

I am developing a game for Windows, I write my own shaders, which I cannot do without, I really need Pixel displacement in Shader Graph. Please tell me when add this feature?

2. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

3. Rodniid

Rodniid

No i mean (Pixel displacement), strange that you don’t know, you have an opportunity in the engine Pixel displacement, but it is available only to the standard shader (Default HD Lit), and I write in Shader Graph, I need pixel displacement to be available in Shader Graph !

Using Pixel Displacement you can give a realistic look to any texture, and without creating vertices, it is a very optimized and beautiful way :

You can't even imagine how many vertices you need to do this, your game will not run on any computer

So I'm wondering when will Unity Technologies add this feature for Shader Graph, it is very necessary!!!

Look, on the poll site of the desired innovations in the unit, 71 people have already voted for the introduction (Pixel Displacement) which is called differently Tessellation, why is this option still under consideration ?
    https://portal.productboard.com/8ufdwj59ehtmsvxenjumxo82/tabs/7-shader-graph

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  4. lilacsky824

lilacsky824

5. Rodniid

Rodniid

Nyarlathothep and clooper like this.