Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

when I use unity 2017.4.32f1 the interstitial ads not full screen

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by fortunacus, Oct 7, 2019.

1. fortunacus

fortunacus

when I use unity 2017.4.32f1 the interstitial ads not full screen, it display smaller box interstitial instead full screen on previous version, how to fix that?

this issue affect for other interstitial ads also, on admob interstitial ads the ads being cut because not displayed full screen, how to fix it?

2. fortunacus

fortunacus

I have tested it on previous version of unity, the same happen, so the main problem is from Xcode 11.0, when I compile using old version xcode, the interstitial ads full screen seeming fine

The interstitial ads presentation is in pagesheet mode, not in full screen mode when using xcode 11.0, please let me know how to fix it?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  3. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Can you provide screenshot?

Thanks,
    Rasmus

4. fortunacus

fortunacus

here its the screenshot on my ipad, for landscape and portrait ads appearance.
    It happen to all unity 2017 version, if compiled using Xcode 11.0, I think it happen to all unity version when compiled using Xcode 11.0. maybe need a new parameter to make the ads still using full screen instead pagesheet mode.

Luckily in unity ads, the ads shirnking also, so the button and exit button still work correctly, but when using admob ads interstitial ads the left right and upper boottom side being cut, so cannot touch any button

Attached Files:

5. fortunacus

fortunacus

I think its xcode11.0 default parameter changed, so for unity need to add a new parameter to keep the ads on full screen

6. fortunacus

fortunacus

I also tried to compile my old xcode game using xcode 11.0, the ads is not full screen also, but the original game that has been live on appstore the ads displayed in full screen.
    PS: I never changed any parameter or make new compilation on the old xcode code. Its the same code between the game live on appstore and the source I try to compile using xcode 11.0.

So I think there is a new default parameter changed between xcode 11.0 and older version of xcode.
    Please let me know, how to fix it ASAP. Otherwise all unity user will face the same symtom when using xcode 11.0