Search Unity

Question When I make a build targeting API level 31 it crashes instantly, how can I know what is the cause?

Discussion in 'Android' started by NogeGames, Jan 31, 2023.

1. NogeGames

NogeGames

When I build for android targeting API level 30, my app works perfectly. But when I make a build targeting API level 31 it crashes instantly when you open it, it doesn't even show the splash screen.
    I tried to find some clues using logcat but it seems that there aren't error messages related to my app. What can I do?

I have also tried targeting API level 33 and the same thing happens. I don't know how to debug this, I can't find any hint about what is causing the crash, any idea?

I'm using Unity2021.3.17, and I have a few plugins integrated in the project like AdMob and GooglePlayGames.

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

If there's a crash, there should be crash log in the logcat if you filter by the process id of your app.

NogeGames likes this.
  3. NogeGames

NogeGames

Oh, after searching with the process id in the full logcat I found this:

I have no idea what flags is this talking about, but at least we have an error message.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

The issue is inside androidx.work.impl.utils.ForceStopRunnable, I assume you need to update a dependency which holds this class. According to this https://androidx.de/androidx/work/impl/utils/ForceStopRunnable.html, it's a part of androidx.work package?

As can be seen here - https://android.googlesource.com/pl...dx/work/impl/utils/ForceStopRunnable.java#192

Code (CSharp):
    1.             int flags = FLAG_NO_CREATE;
    2.             if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= 31) {
    3.                 flags |= FLAG_MUTABLE;
    4.             }
    They pass FLAG_MUTABLE flag in latest code.

NogeGames likes this.
  5. NogeGames

NogeGames

Thanks for your help Tomas! Your replies headed me in the right direction!
    This androidx package was related to Google AdMob, I needed to update AdMob. After updating AdMob and fighting with the compiler for a few hours everything seems to be working.
    Thanks a million!

Tomas1856 likes this.