Search Unity

When does the New Year sale end

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thejimbarnes, Dec 15, 2020.

1. thejimbarnes

thejimbarnes

Nothing in the blog about it being launched and nothing on the site or in the socials about when it ends.
    I need to budget to buy assets and would like to know when the latest New Year Sale ends. 5% off codes are offered until December 31 which is 16 days away and yet the sale says save on these assets for the next 24 days. So is it December 31st or January 8th.

2. XCPU

XCPU

I took it to mean it's a stacked sale, one sale is some individual Assets 50% off
    plus on top of that you get 5% off ALL Assets on the store regardless of the other 'sales'.
    I guess both sales just don't end at the same time.
    Got some today, one was 50%off, the other just regular price, got 5% off the whole order though.

3. thejimbarnes

thejimbarnes

Thanks for the reply but I really want to know when the sale they are calling The New Year sale ends.
    I get paid fortnightly and want to buy a bunch of stuff but can't afford it on one payday.

4. firstuser

firstuser

I really really really wish every sale had a clear start and end date announced. Even if it's a surprise sale, please Unity always let us know when it ends.

FloAtm likes this.
  5. valmyr

valmyr

The end date is clearly written in the front page

upload_2020-12-16_16-15-4.png

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

The New Year Sale ends on January 7, 2021 23:59:59 PT, but the 5% extra discount coupon code is only valid until December 31.

firstuser, Rewaken and thejimbarnes like this.
  7. thejimbarnes

thejimbarnes

Thanks for confirming that Tony

8. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Here's the official tweet with the end time info: https://twitter.com/unitygames/status/1470400735632363524

It's annoying that they can't just mark the end time clearly on the actual store. I can't think of any other reason for this than it being fully intentional and done so to push people for more rushed purchases before the sale suddenly ends. Unity store does this now on each sale so it's not just some "oops we forgot" kind of thing.

If they wanted transparency and be more fair to users they'd clearly mark each sale price with countdown for the sale end time - like some other stores do.

Noah_Wizard and PolygonPros like this.
  9. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just FYI - A few days after this post, Unity decided to extend the New Year Sale to January 11, 2022 23:59:59 PT, which is also indicated in the tweet above.