Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question When does 2019.3 official release ?

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by genaray, Nov 11, 2019.

1. genaray

genaray

Is there a official date when Unity 2019.3 releases ? Or how long may it take ?

2. 5argon

5argon

No release ever get an official date I think?

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

You wont get a date, they just come out when they are stable enough

charlesb_rm likes this.
  4. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

While there is never a release date, usually you can guess at what month something will release based on previous releases. 2017.3 and 2018.3 both released in December if I remember correctly. So 2019.3 Will probably too be released somewhere in December.

charlesb_rm likes this.
  5. Ruberta

Ruberta

Beta 10 is out now. I think it's really close to release.

6. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

charlesb_rm likes this.
  7. konsic

konsic

I think release is in next 2 weeks.

8. Refeas

Refeas

Unity devs said multiple times on the forum that they plan to release 2019.3 mid November.

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Release targets tend to move. Right now we're looking at early December.

Ruberta likes this.
  10. chrisk

chrisk

Unity tends not to meet the deadline but I hope you release other stuff that you promised that you would release with 2019.3, stuff like the FPS sample, runtime UIElement, and etc.

Please remember, we are waiting for 2019.3, not just for the editor but for other promised packages/features that are Promised. Don't just throw the editor and call it a milestone met.

I'm always worried about the lack of communication from dev teams and untransparent development mode despite the fact that you always stress about transparent developments. FPS sample team is probably the worst/best example I can think of. It took one extra year of development without clear communications where they are going and it's still unclear.

Yeah, it's changing quite a bit underneath the hood. If Unity themselves are struggling, imagine what it will feel like for us. I think Unity as a whole needs to regroup and switch gears to work harder and faster. To me there are just too many marketing events and too many excuseses. Unity seems very quite around the event and many of the events materials can be replaced with blogs or tutorials.

Perhaps advertised 1000 developers you have is not enough to do the job. Hire more if necessary instead of marketing. Yeah please make sure they are fulltime with good experiences. One good developer can be as productive as 3 or 4 of developers and I'm speaking from experiences.

My two cents.
    Thanks.