Search Unity

When do users buy IAP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TraianDraghici, Apr 5, 2021.

1. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

How long does he play the game before he decides to make a purchase, it's hours? days? weeks? maybe months?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'm sure it depends on the game. If you had a game like World of Tanks for example, you might frequently see new players, who were brought into the game by a friend, immediately buy a premium tank before ever playing the game. This would be to be able to join into the same tier matches as their friend.

Games where they time gate progress might not see purchases for 6 months until the player has progressed far enough that instead of things taking hours they take weeks, but the weeks can be skipped with premium currency.

Games that are pay to win probably have entirely different purchase behavior than games where you pay for cosmetics. Games with competitive rankings probably have different purchase behavior than games where there is no player competition.

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

There is no one answer to this question, it depends on the game, the genre, and many other factors.

GameAnalytics Benchmarks dashboard might have some data you'd want to look at, they've aggregated data from all the games on their analytics platform.

Only 2-5% of people make a purchase in a f2p game, others are happy to watch ads or grind away forever.

If you're doing this for your own game, why don't you have data to track this?
    I'd recommend GameAnalytics for free analytics, and DevToDev for a paid analytics solution which is quite affordable and has some nice features.

Antypodish and Ryiah like this.
  4. Naheedmir

Naheedmir

I cannot give the perfect answer as it depends on various factors.
    Very few people go for buying something from the game. Among
    them a few will buy in hours, some will take days and months even.