Search Unity

Feature Request When creating a node by dragging from Input only show relevant nodes.

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by soleron, Aug 12, 2022.

1. soleron

soleron

I am trying to learn how the VFX system works and experiment after watching some basic tutorials, and the way it works is not helping me learn.

i.e. I am trying to explore the options for input by dragging out connection, and even nodes that are not suitable for this type of input are visible and can be created. Which is confusing.

Please consider this improvement: When creating a node by dragging from Input only show relevant nodes.

It would reduce confusion and errors and speed up the learning process.

Thank you.

2. Marie_G

Marie_G

Unity Technologies

Hello, thank you for the feedback. We already have a filter for compatible nodes only.

Note that nodes that can be converted into a compatible type will also be displayed. As an example, animation curves can only have and other animation curve as input whereas color can have floats or many other types.

Can you share an example of your search result, and specify the unity version you are using, so we can see the issue and investigate on how to improve it?

Thanks a lot!