Search Unity

When compiling iOS in the cloud build, the Mobile joysticks don't work

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Big-Ed, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Big-Ed

Big-Ed

When I compile in the Unity Cloud for iOS and download the app, the Joysticks don't move. But, if I compile with the iOS build on my mac the joysticks work with no issues. What could be the issue? When I checkout the code, the first iOS build in the Unity editor doesn't work with the joysticks either. The prefab single stick control shows up, but you can't move it. Once I compile the iOS build it does work. Any insights from anyone?
    I am using Unity 5.1.1f1

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Welcome in the forums!

Do you use a specific asset or a own creation?

3. Big-Ed

Big-Ed

I use the mobile single stick control prefab that comes with the standard cross platform assets

4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Have you used it in a previous version?

Do you override the defines CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT;MOBILE_INPUT somewhere or are they in the Scripting Defines Symbols field of the Player Settings?

5. Big-Ed

Big-Ed

Hi David, haven't been here in a while. I do not do anything special, I am using a C# project and I do not override the defines. I use the player settings CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT;MOBILE_INPUT just like you showed above. I am using unity 5.1.1f on windows and then I copy the generated project to a mac. When I compile on my mac, there is no problems with the joysticks on the iOS app. When I compile in the cloud the joysticks don't work.

6. r618

r618

is this because the cloud build does not allow to specify custom user defines in free plan ?