Search Unity

Question When build Windows platform get an error "Unable to find player assembly"

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by erikmiculek, Jun 27, 2022.

1. erikmiculek

erikmiculek

I have no idea what I did to cause this. I know it stops when I disable Enable Burst Compilation. But I much rather It doesn't do it with it enabled even though I don't know what it does.

Unable to find player assembly: D:\UnityGame\FPSGame\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
    Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLsImpl (UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.6.5/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:350)
    Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLs (UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.6.5/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:208)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

2. erikmiculek

erikmiculek

UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Perhaps you didn't finish this last post, that is s ProcessEvent call. But typically if you are not using a feature, there is no need to include it, especially if it's causing issues. In this case, you could likely remove Burst and TestRunner if the project isn't using it. Make a full back up first, then remove the packages via Package Manager. Another good troubleshooting technique is to compare to a new/empty project, then use divide-and-conqueror to find the issue.