Search Unity

When adding texture to geometry, it looks as a solid color - no matter what I do -

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by SanctiMortem, Jun 15, 2018.

1. SanctiMortem

SanctiMortem

Hi,

I'm kinda new to Unity, and its been a long time since I actually dedicated any time to 3d modeling programs and such, barely remember anything.

My problem is, after they exported the model from 3d Max as a .fbx I imported into Unity. Most of the times they give me the textures and I just re-add the textures manually (since we kept having problems with exporting the embedded media with some textures) Most of the time I have no problem at all. But recently I encounter a problem with multiple pieces of geometry.
    I added a concrete texture to the floor (one big piece of geometry basically). I added the Albedo map, Normal Map, Height Map and Occlusion. I only got a solid color based on the color of the Albedo. If I change the Smoothness and the Metallic values I do get some sort of reaction, I get reflections and such, but no matter what I do I cant get any detail, or anything from the texture. I tried adding that same material to a GameObject created in Unity (3d Plane) and it looks fine. I tried changing the tiling values (thinking it might have been repeating too many times or something) but no change at all.

I don't know what to do anymore, its not the first time it happens. I've never known what it is, no matter what I do I cant seem to find a way of fixing it.

Please help,

Thank you in advance!!

2. kenlem

kenlem

Sound like your model doesn't have UV coordinates.