Search Unity

When a JobDebugger error is not an error, but a warning

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by sebas77, Feb 8, 2020.

1. sebas77

sebas77

Code (CSharp):
    2. foreach (var group in GameGroups.DOOFUSES.Groups)
    3. {
    4.     var collection = entitiesDB.QueryEntities<PositionEntityStruct>(group);
    5.     if (collection.length == 0) continue;
    6.     var entityCollection = collection.GetNativeEnumerator<PositionEntityStruct>();
    7.     var job = Entities.ForEach((ref Translation translation) =>
    8.                                {
    9.                                    ref readonly var positionEntityStruct =
    10.                                        ref entityCollection.threadSafeNext.position;
    11.                                    translation.Value =
    12.                                        new float3(positionEntityStruct.x, positionEntityStruct.y,
    13.                                                   positionEntityStruct.z);
    14.                                }).WithBurst()
    15.                       .WithSharedComponentFilter(new UECSSveltoGroupID((uint) @group)).Schedule(inputDeps);
    16.     combinedDependencies = JobHandle.CombineDependencies(combinedDependencies,
    17.                                                          new DisposeJob<EntityCollection<
    18.                                                                  PositionEntityStruct>.EntityNativeIterator<
    19.                                                                  PositionEntityStruct>>(entityCollection)
    20.                                                             .Schedule(job));
    21. }
    I get:

Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The previously scheduled job RenderingDataSynchronizationEngine:<>c__DisplayClass_OnUpdate_LambdaJob0 writes to the NativeArray <>c__DisplayClass_OnUpdate_LambdaJob0.Data._lambdaParameterValueProviders.forParameter_translation._type. You are trying to schedule a new job RenderingDataSynchronizationEngine:<>c__DisplayClass_OnUpdate_LambdaJob0, which writes to the same NativeArray (via <>c__DisplayClass_OnUpdate_LambdaJob0.Data._lambdaParameterValueProviders.forParameter_translation._type). To guarantee safe
    While it's true that I am scheduling the jobs on purpose to run in parallel and not in serial, If I am not wrong or I misunderstood the code, the filter should guarantee that I am writing in separate entity arrays. I guess the JobDebugger cannot know that (could it know?). Thoughts?

2. 5argon

5argon

It knows only down to typing and not exactly which chunks, if you know your filter guarantees it then I guess you should WithNativeDisableContainerSafetyRestriction

sebas77 likes this.
  3. sebas77

sebas77

Thanks I was looking exactly for this answer

4. sebas77

sebas77

WithNativeDisableContainerSafetyRestriction needs a captured variable as parameter, it doesn't disable the check for the whole foreach. Thoughts?

5. 5argon

5argon

How about use CDFE of Translation instead so that became an imported container?

6. sebas77

sebas77

I guess at that point I may even just not use foreach and make a custom IJobParallel