Search Unity

What's wrong with RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint Camera argument?

Discussion in 'Unity UI (uGUI) & TextMesh Pro' started by shoo, May 27, 2015.

1. shoo

shoo

Hello! I am trying to use RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint but I have weird trouble with camera. I just have empty project with new scene which have camera on it, also it have UI panel and canvas, so it should be not any conflicts. But finnaly I have this problem Debug.Log(RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint doesnt work if CAM parameter will be not null. I mean:

RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint (rect, pos, Camera.main) - doesnt work

public Camera cam;
    RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint (rect, pos, cam) - doesnt work too

RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint (rect, pos, NULL) - WORKS GOOD

So I have no idea what I am doing/understanding wrong. Is it a bugg?

2. shoo

shoo

It is sad.

3. Mark-Currie

Mark-Currie

I'm seeing the same thing. Thanks for the suggestion of using null for the cam parameter.

4. hmortensen2907

hmortensen2907

Know this is old, but I just hit the same "challenge" ;)

I found, that if your canvas is set to "screen space - overlay", RectangleContainsScreenPoint won't work with a camera parameter! Probably because there are no camera defined for the canvas.

If you use "screen space - Camera" or "world Space" where you do define a camera for the canvas, everything seems to works :)

Leniaal, shoo, IgorAherne and 3 others like this.
  5. AshleyHsu1

AshleyHsu1

You are a life saver dude.

6. redagrandrei

redagrandrei

Assume you could leave just - RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint (rect, pos)
    Third parameter is just optional and usually not needed.

7. therocknwork

therocknwork

You need to provide your UI Camera as third parameter to RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint to make it work correct